Business &Decision is looking for a Data Warehouse Data Engineer to onboard in our cloud conversion program. Are you passionate about data? Do you have a strong experience in Business Intelligence and DWH solution development based on classical On-Premises technologies, and would like to evolve into learning and working with Cloud solutions? If you answered yes, you should probably keep on reading!
Position and missions
You will onboard in a unique “transition to cloud” learning program that already successfully converted multiple senior BI developers into Cloud Data Engineers. During our bootcamp you will follow a set of training going through main cloud architecture concepts to hands-on session:
- Modern cloud data architecture
- Training and certification to one cloud data platform: Azure, Databricks, GCP or Snowflake
- Data Ops introduction
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Practice on a end to end case
This program is tailored to each profile who will benefit as well from a senior consultant coaching.
At the end of our bootcamp, you will take part in the B&D’s Data engineering & Data Warehouse team. Your strong development skills will allow you to work on data pipeline implementation, storage, data crunching and manipulation.
You will analyze data by sourcing, capturing, transformation and preparation techniques. You will work with the latest technologies such as Spark, DBT, Snowflake, BigQuery, Synapse, Databricks, , Data Factory and use programming languages like Python, Scala or SQL. Due to your experiences, you will possibly become a Data or Solution architect!
What we've done:
- BRIC.BRUSSELS: Building a data platform (Snowflake, DBT, Mulesoft) for the Brussels Region to improve citizens' daily life and embrace tomorrow's city challenges.
- Pharma company: Using public genetics data (Snowflake, microservices, Azure) in research for drugs development.
And many more!
- Metal industry company: Building a data analytics platform centralizing manufacturing data in near real time (Azure Databricks, Azure Datafactory, Power BI)
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Management computing or any related field
- Strong experience in data manipulation (Database administration, ETL implementation, Report development)
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Business Intelligence developer
- Experience with ET’s, DBMS, OLAP cubes and reporting tools
- Knowledge at least one programming language: Java, C#, Python, Scala…
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and modelling (Data Vault, Star-schemas, Slow Changing Dimensions, …)
- Strong knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, PL/SQL, …)
- Experience with code versioning (Git, TFS, …)
- Conceptual and creative thinking
- Fluent in English with an excellent level of either French or Dutch
Nice to have
- Experience with Microsoft BI tools (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI)
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix environments
- Understanding of DevOps CI/CD concepts.
Additional talents? Strange hobby? Weird humor? Our data heroes are like you, they share respect, modesty and excellence as key values and they know how to put fun in & after work.