Business & Decision, an Orange Business Services affiliate since 2018, is looking for data protection experts to reinforce its Business Consulting practice. If you are a heavy expert or a well experimented professional ready to share some knowledge, this job is for you.
Position and missions
As a Data Protection Consultant at Business & Decision you help customers to assess, setup and roll-out their data programs. You are part of a team of data & security professionals, with expertise in a wide range of data domains. The aim of our data protection experts is to ensure that companies have control over their (client) data and that organizations handle such data responsibly and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. At Business & Decision, you have the opportunity get coaching and training from these experts to build your career.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting data protection assessments and audits to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities in an organization's data processing activities.
- Advising organizations on how to comply with relevant data protection laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Developing and implementing data protection policies, procedures, and training programs to help organizations meet their legal obligations and minimize the risk of data breaches.
- Providing guidance on data retention and deletion practices, data subject access requests, and incident response planning.
- Staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies in the field of data protection and advising organizations on how to adapt their practices accordingly
We challenge you to directly apply if you recognize yourself in some of the following attributes. See you soon!
- Bachelor/Master’s degree.
- Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch.
- At least 2-years’ experience in data protection or information security
- At least 2-years’ experience in consulting.
- Good knowledge of data protection laws and regulations, such as the GDPR and other relevant data protection laws.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess risks related to data protection
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences and work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Familiarity with data protection technologies and tools, such as data encryption, access control systems, and data classification tools is considered as a plus
- Experience conducting data protection assessments and audits and developing policies and procedures to address identified risks can be an added value
- Learning attitude: Staying abreast of new developments in information security solutions.
- Strong team player with the ability to work autonomously.